Are YOU faithful?
A FAITHFUL PERSON is trustworthy and reliable. Some people make faithfulness a must when it comes to their human relationships, but the faithfulness that matters most is the faithfulness we show towards God. In fact, all of God’s creation depend on His faithfulness.God wants a relationship with his people and will not tolerate unfaithfulness and competition with anything else. An idol can be anything that you might place in a higher priority over God. This includes false images of worship or placing anything in our lives that has preeminence over God. Do you put your personal life before God? Fishing, hunting, work, hanging out with friends, shopping?
- Psalm 37:28 – “For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.”
- Proverbs 3:12 – “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring your prosperity.”
- Proverbs 16:6-7 – “Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil. When a man’s ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.”
- Proverbs 28:20 – “A faithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.”
- Revelation 2:10 – “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested and will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.”
Do you get up each day and forget or skip your coffee? I wouldn’t think that you would so, why skip God in the mornings? “Oh, I didn’t have time” — but you had time for coffee or to check social media. You see God doesn’t require us to give X minutes a day. We should arise each day showing our love for God- through prayer, study, his word, attending church or telling other about Christ. We should give our best and our 1st to God. I can testify to the fact that on the days I let life take over and I don’t stop and give God my best and 1st – the day doesn’t go as planned. On the days I do stop and give God my best and my 1st, my day is much more pleasant, my heart is full and joyful, circumstances don’t bring me down – you see I gave God my best and my 1st and He as always was there with me through the day. I have to choose to make him part of my day, he’s there waiting every day for us to take Him along with us.
Some say, well my mornings are crazy or the kids, or the spouse, or whatever…. Fix that problem and you will be blessed! Set that clock for 10-15 mins early and get up and give God some time. You will see in no time at all you want to give 25, 30 and more minutes. Your study will seem like a few minutes after an hour… It’s because you got wrapped in His word and when we are wrapped in HIM it always seems like Wow, it’s already been an hour! Think of this, do you wake earlier to go have breakfast with friends, fishing, hunting, shopping, an appointment or simply because you have an exciting day planned? Well you see, God sent HIS son to save us – Jesus gave his life so we could live in Paradise. It DOESN’T get more exciting than knowing you are going to live in Paradise, so why not give the ONE who paid for our ticket to Heaven our best and our 1st?
In today’s world, faithfulness to God is even more eminent than ever. As none of us know what tomorrow will hold with mass shootings, wars and natural disasters to name a few. Can you make the decision today to be completely faithful to God?
If you have Faith but, no works it’s dead. Without faith, there can be no Christian life. Christianity is based on faith in God. Faithfulness is a commitment to God…
The 1st two of the Ten Commandments deal with our being faithful to God:
- Exodus 20:3 You shall have no other gods before ME *be faithful only to GOD
- Exodus 20:4 You shall not make for yourself a carved image – any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them not serve them, For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God. *do not worship, bow to or serve anyone or anything other than GOD
I hope that through my studies and my sharing, that you can be as blessed by God’s word as I am. I by no means are without sin and flaw, but I am forgiven and I have a wonderful Savior. May God bless you!